Coffee & Roll – Celebrating Mitch
Long time and beloved CFC member “Mitch” passed away on June 22, 2019 after a valiant battle with cancer. Mitch often led the Coffee & Roll ride and it is said that he viewed the ride as an opportunity to socialize with long time friends who share the love of cycling as well as an opportunity to engage with cyclists either new to the sport or new to the area. Coffee & Roll is a “social” ride of various lengths between 25 and 35 miles with a coffee stop at the Panera located in Mayfair.
Ride Instructions & Rules:
- This ride is conducted under the Cape Fear Cyclists COVID ride rules, please review prior to the ride and follow them
- Please sign the new CFC liability waiver and bring it to the ride.
- If you need a ride map, please print out the ride map and bring it to the ride.
- Please arrive to the ride start location at least 15 minutes prior to the ride start time.
- Please visit www.capefearcyclists.org and review CFC ride policies.
- If the temperature at start time is below 32 degrees or there is steady rain, the ride will be canceled.
- We currently use the SLACK app to provide up-to-the-minute ride changes and weather info. CLICK HERE to get started. https://capefearcyclists.slack.com
- Monitor the CFC Slack channel “Sunday-am-ride-schedule” before the ride for last minute ride information or cancelation.
Parking is available at the Greenfield Lake Parking lot.
This is a social ride speeds varying between 12 mph to 19 mph with an average overall speed of 14 mph. This is a great ride for socializing or as a relaxing wind down ride for those that rode hard during the week (or the day before). The ride group stays together or regroups as needed.
In the past, CFC has offered a ride map however, over the years, the actual ride route has determined by the ride leader on the day of the ride. The only “for sure” features of the ride is that it will start and end at Green Field Lake and will include a coffee stop at about the midpoint of the ride. In between you will enjoy parts of Wilmington you’ve probably never seen before. Mitch’s celebration ride is likely to take you on his favorite route.
First time riders are welcome. If you enjoy the experience, pick up a membership from at your local bike shop or visit www.capefearcyclists.org for instructions on joining the club. Membership not only supports the club and cycling advocacy, it extends insurance coverage to you on club rides.