Oak Island / St. James Plantation (40 Miles)
Originating on Oak Island, enjoy a beautiful tour 40 mile tour of Oak Island, from end to end and tour of St. James Plantation.
Ride Instructions & Rules:
- This ride is conducted under the Cape Fear Cyclists COVID ride rules, please review prior to the ride and follow them
- Please sign the new CFC liability waiver and bring it to the ride.
- If you need a ride map, please print out the ride map and bring it to the ride.
- Please arrive to the ride start location at least 15 minutes prior to the ride start time.
- Please visit www.capefearcyclists.org and review CFC ride policies.
- If the forecast includes temperatures below 38 F, wind chill down to 32 F, or rain/wet roads at start time, the ride will be cancelled.
- We currently use the SLACK app to provide up-to-the-minute ride changes and weather info. CLICK HERE to get started. https://capefearcyclists.slack.com
- Monitor the CFC Slack channel “Thursday-am-ride-schedule” before the ride for last minute ride information or cancelation.
Parking is in a gravel parking lot between 46th st. and 49th street on East Dolphin Drive on Oak Island. The parking area serves Middelton Park.
The ride offers opportunity for various pace groups. A Group (fast) riders typically average +18 mph. B Group (strong) riders typically average 16-17 mph. C Group (moderate) riders average 14-15 mph. If the ride allows there will be a D Group (leisurely) average below 14 mph with a no drop policy. Because rider safety is the top priority, the ride leader will discuss pace groups in advance of the ride.
Cape Fear Cyclists uses Ride with GPS for its ride maps. The Club Page can be found here:CFC Ride with GPS
The ride map for this ride is located here:Oak Island / St. James Map
First time riders are welcome. If you enjoy the experience, pick up a membership from at your local bike shop or visit www.capefearcyclists.org for instructions on joining the club. Membership not only supports the club and cycling advocacy, it extends insurance coverage to you on club rides.