Long Leaf Park to Wrightsville Beach
Ride Description: The ride originates from Long Leaf Park and meanders through local Wilmington neighborhoods on the way to Wrightsville Beach where the ride route can vary but typical includes a trip to both ends of the island. Depending on the ride leader and ride group preferences, the ride can be extended by adding addition loops to each end of the island or by adding loops around the Wrightsville Beach Loop. The base route is 31 miles and includes strategic stops that usually include a coffee shop.
Ride Instructions & Rules:
- This ride is conducted under the Cape Fear Cyclists COVID ride rules, please review prior to the ride and follow them
- Please sign the new CFC liability waiver and bring it to the ride.
- If you need a ride map, please print out the ride map and bring it to the ride.
- Please arrive to the ride start location at least 15 minutes prior to the ride start time.
- Please visit www.capefearcyclists.org and review CFC ride policies.
- If the forecast includes temperatures below 38 F, wind chill down to 32 F, or rain/wet roads at the start time, the ride will be cancelled.
- We currently use the SLACK app to provide up-to-the-minute ride changes and weather info. CLICK HERE to get started. https://capefearcyclists.slack.com
- Monitor the CFC Slack channel “Tuesday-am-ride-schedule” before the ride for last minute ride information or cancelation.
Parking is available at Long Leaf Park.
The ride is suitable for all pace groups. Typically the group remains together on the journey to Wrightsville Beach and once at Wrightsville Beach, rider groups tend to separate into various paces groups but regroup at various locations including the coffee stop. Riders typically regroup and remain together on the return trip to Long Leaf Park.
Cape Fear Cyclists uses Ride with GPS for it's Ride Maps. The club Page can be found here: CFC Ride with GPS
The ride map for this ride is located here: Longleaf Park to Wrightsville Beach
First time riders are welcome. If you enjoy the experience, pick up a membership from at your local bike shop or visit www.capefearcyclists.org for instructions on joining the club. Membership not only supports the club and cycling advocacy, it extends insurance coverage to you on club rides.