NC Army National Guard Annual C4E Ride
C4E – Cycle of Exercise, Exploration, Esprit de corps, and Education
The NC Army National Guard annual C4E ride (previously the Guard2Beach ride) is a multi-day event that starts at Joint Force Headquarters in Raleigh and ends at the Fort Fisher Training Center in Kure Beach.
C4E is the ride sponsor and the purpose of this ride is spelled out in our name, C4E: Cycle for Exercise, Exploration, Esprit de corps, and Education.
C4E’s aim to improve fitness through the exploration of our state while bringing together service members, veterans, friends, family and other patriotic citizens to raise money for the NC National Guard Association Education Foundation.
Rider fees ($60 for 1 day or $70 for 2 or more) support the NCNGA Education Foundation which, since 1968, has provided over $1.3 million in scholarship money to more than 1800 students.
Riders are encouraged to participate in the 3 day event or, if desired, riders in the Wilmington area can join the third day for a 25.8 mile Sunday morning ride from the NC National Guard Facility located at 2412 Infantry RD, Wilmington, NC.
Ride Instructions & Rules:
For all riders wishing to join the ride either for the full three days or for a single day in Wilmington, please register at: https://www.ncnga.org/events.php
For Cape Fear Cyclists joining in Wilmington:
- C4E ride leaders will lead the ride to Fort Fisher. Cape Fear Cyclists will have a CFC ride leader at the event to assist riders.
- C4E will furnish vans to transport riders from the Fort Fisher finish line back to the Wilmington National Guard Facility.
- Cyclists wishing to enjoy a longer ride can do so by making the ride a round trip which will turn the ride into a circa 52 mile ride.
- This ride is conducted under the Cape Fear Cyclists COVID ride rules, please review prior to the ride and follow them
- Please sign the new CFC liability waiver and bring it to the ride.
- This ride does not have a map. The ride leader will lead the way for the group.
- Please arrive to the ride start location at least 15 minutes prior to the ride start time.
- Please visit www.capefearcyclists.org and review CFC ride policies.
- In the event of inclement weather or steady rain, the ride will be canceled.
- We currently use the SLACK app to provide up-to-the-minute ride changes and weather info. CLICK HERE to get started. https://capefearcyclists.slack.com
- Monitor the CFC Slack channel “Sunday-am-ride-schedule” before the ride for last minute ride information or cancelation.
For the one day ride starting in Wilmington, parking is available at the National Guard facility located at 2412 Infantry Rd. Wilmington, NC
The ride is expected to be a group ride, no drop. The ride leader will discuss pace with the group prior to departure.
- Day 1 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36630940?privacy_code=C5tpX3Of9Fyg3vRg
- Day 2 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36630995?privacy_code=otyizGCjUIwLW22f
- Day 3 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36631061?privacy_code=zNNfezHqCgPLgHqa
First time riders are welcome. If you enjoy the experience, pick up a membership from at your local bike shop or visit www.capefearcyclists.org for instructions on joining the club. Membership not only supports the club and cycling advocacy, it extends insurance coverage to you on club rides.