Johnsons Corner – Kelly - Atkinson
The Johnson Corner, Kelly, Atkinson ride offers routes of 37 and 46 miles. Historically, most riders opt for the 47 mile route. Starting at Johnsons Corner, the ride traverses Pender County country side on lightly traveled roads and includes a brief tour of the towns of Kelly and Atkinson.
Ride Instructions & Rules:
- This ride is conducted under the Cape Fear Cyclists COVID ride rules, please review prior to the ride and follow them
- Please sign the new CFC liability waiver and bring it to the ride.
- If you need a ride map, please print out the ride map and bring it to the ride.
- Please arrive to the ride start location at least 15 minutes prior to the ride start time.
- Please visit www.capefearcyclists.org and review CFC ride policies.
- If the temperature at start time is below 32 degrees or there is steady rain, the ride will be canceled.
- We currently use the SLACK app to provide up-to-the-minute ride changes and weather info. CLICK HERE to get started. https://capefearcyclists.slack.com
- Monitor the CFC Slack channel “Saturday-am-ride-schedule” before the ride for last minute ride information or cancelation.
Parking is available at the store located at Johnson’s corner. Please adhere to parking zones so that trucks are able to access fuel tanks. The following link shows parking locations. Johnson's Corner Parking Map
The ride offers opportunity for various pace groups. A Group (fast) riders typically average +18 mph. B Group (strong) riders typically average 16-17 mph. C Group (moderate) riders average 14-15 mph. If the ride allows there will be a D Group (leisurely) average below 14 mph with a no drop policy. Because rider safety is the top priority, the ride leader will discuss pace groups in advance of the ride.
- Q-Sheet: Johnson's Corner-Kelly-Atkinson - Long Johnsons Corner Kelly Atkinson - Shor
- GPX: Johnson Corner Atkinson 46 GPX Johnson Corner Atkinson 37 GPX
- TCX: Johnson Corner Atkinson 46 TCX Johnson Corner Atkinson 37 TCX
First time riders are welcome. If you enjoy the experience, pick up a membership from at your local bike shop or visit www.capefearcyclists.org for instructions on joining the club. Membership not only supports the club and cycling advocacy, it extends insurance coverage to you on club rides.