Burgaw 100K or 50K
If your bucket list includes a metric century or a half metric century, this is the ride for you. Originating at Pender Park, test your ride skills and endurance as your ride through the country side of Pender County.
Ride Instructions & Rules:
- This ride is conducted under the Cape Fear Cyclists COVID ride rules, please review prior to the ride and follow them
- Please sign the new CFC liability waiver and bring it to the ride.
- If you need a ride map, please print out the ride map and bring it to the ride.
- Please arrive to the ride start location at least 15 minutes prior to the ride start time.
- Please visit www.capefearcyclists.org and review CFC ride policies.
- If the forecast includes temperatures below 38 F, wind chill down to 32 F, or rain/wet roads at the start time, the ride will be cancelled.
- We currently use the SLACK app to provide up-to-the-minute ride changes and weather info. CLICK HERE to get started. https://capefearcyclists.slack.com
- Monitor the CFC Slack channel “Saturday-am-ride-schedule” before the ride for last minute ride information or cancelation.
Parking is available at Pender Park.
The ride offers opportunity for various pace groups. A Group (fast) riders typically average +20 mph. B Group (strong) riders typically average 17-20 mph. C Group (moderate) riders average 14-17 mph. If the ride allows there will be a D Group (leisurely) average below 14 mph with a no drop policy. Because rider safety is the top priority, the ride leader will discuss pace groups in advance of the ride.
- Q-Sheet: Burgaw 100K 50K
- GPX: Burgaw_100K__63m_.gpx Burgaw_50K__33m_.gpx
- TCX: Burgaw_100K__63m_.tcx Burgaw_50K__33m_.tcx
First time riders are welcome. If you enjoy the experience, pick up a membership from at your local bike shop or visit www.capefearcyclists.org for instructions on joining the club. Membership not only supports the club and cycling advocacy, it extends insurance coverage to you on club rides.