Bolivia – Oak Island
The “Bolivia – Oak Island ride offers riders distances of 46.6 miles and 33 miles. The ride stretches from the quaint town of Bolivia to Oak Island and includes a tour of Oak Island before returning to Bolivia. The ride route is suitable for riders of at all levels and includes rest stops at approximately the 15 and 28 mile marks.
Ride Instructions & Rules:
- This ride is conducted under the Cape Fear Cyclists COVID ride rules, please review prior to the ride and follow them
- Please sign the new CFC liability waiver and bring it to the ride.
- If you need a ride map, please print out the ride map and bring it to the ride.
- Please arrive to the ride start location at least 15 minutes prior to the ride start time.
- Please visit www.capefearcyclists.org and review CFC ride policies.
- If the forecast includes temperatures below 38 F, wind chill down to 32 F, or rain/wet roads at the start time, the ride will be cancelled.
- We currently use the SLACK app to provide up-to-the-minute ride changes and weather info. CLICK HERE to get started. https://capefearcyclists.slack.com
- Monitor the CFC Slack channel “Saturday-am-ride-schedule” before the ride for last minute ride information or cancelation.
Parking is available in the large parking lot in front of the Brunswick County Government Center just off of Business 17 in Bolivia, NC.
The ride offers opportunity for various pace groups. A Group (fast) riders typically average +20 mph. B Group (strong) riders typically average 17-20 mph. C Group (moderate) riders average 14-17 mph. If the ride allows there will be a D Group (leisurely) average below 14 mph with a no drop policy. Because rider safety is the top priority, the ride leader will discuss pace groups in advance of the ride.
The following links connect to historic CFC Ride Maps:
CFC now uses Ride with GPS for it's most current Maps
- Q-Sheet: Bolivia Oak Island 46 Bolivia Oak Island 34
- GPX: Bolivia Oak Isl 46 Bolivia Oak Isl 34
- TCX: Bolivia Oak Isl 46 Bolivia Oak Isl 34
. The link to CFC Ride with GPS
Maps can be found at: CFC Ride with GPS Maps (Look in Route Library)
First time riders are welcome. If you enjoy the experience, pick up a membership from at your local bike shop or visit www.capefearcyclists.org for instructions on joining the club. Membership not only supports the club and cycling advocacy, it extends insurance coverage to you on club rides.