Tour Lake Waccamaw – Buckhead Fire Dept Start
This 48.5 Mile ride traverses scenic parts of Brunswick County with an enjoyable ride around Lake Waccamaw. The club has two rides at Lake Waccamaw – one that originates at the State Park and a ride that originates at the Buckhead Fire Department. THIS RIDE ORIGINATES FORM THE BUCKHEAD FIRE DEPARTMENT.
Ride Instructions & Rules:
- This ride is conducted under the Cape Fear Cyclists COVID ride rules, please review prior to the ride and follow them
- Please sign the new CFC liability waiver and bring it to the ride.
- If you need a ride map, please print out the ride map and bring it to the ride.
- Please arrive to the ride start location at least 15 minutes prior to the ride start time.
- Please visit www.capefearcyclists.org and review CFC ride policies.
- If the forecast includes temperatures below 38 F, wind chill down to 32 F, or rain/wet roads at the start time, the ride will be cancelled.
- We currently use the SLACK app to provide up-to-the-minute ride changes and weather info. CLICK HERE to get started. https://capefearcyclists.slack.com
- Monitor the CFC Slack channel “Saturday-am-ride-schedule” before the ride for last minute ride information or cancelation.
This ride starts at the Buckhead Fire Department where parking is available in the large grassed area next to the Fire Station. Please do not park in front of the station..
The Tour Lake Waccamaw Ride is suited for riders of all skill levels. The ride leader will discuss pace groups prior to the ride.
- CFC uses Ride with GPS for ride maps which can be found at: Ride with GPS Maps
First time riders are welcome. If you enjoy the experience, pick up a membership from at your local bike shop or visit www.capefearcyclists.org for instructions on joining the club. Membership not only supports the club and cycling advocacy, it extends insurance coverage to you on club rides.